Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Entry #2 - Competitiveness

If you are not familiar with the Asian culture, let me clue you in some. As a culture in a whole, we are highly competitive. EVERYTHING is a competition.

So Em read my entry on my three lovely waffle makers and six cutting boards and all of a sudden our respectively collection of kitchenware is now a competition. :O Here's my list:
  • a blooming onion cutter
  • a creme brulee set (courtsey of Em Em)
  • a kitchen (flour) scale
  • a hand mixer
  • an indoor grill
  • a little stove for eating shabu shabu
  • a breadmaker (hubby brought into the marriage, in the process of being upgraded)
  • a vacuum sealer (more hubby's than mine)
  • a cutter for the vacuum sealer bags (also hubby's)
  • a deep frier (definitely hubby's)

And if that's not impressive enough for you, here's courtsey from my lovely mother-in-law:
  • a crock pot (used once)
  • roasting pan for turkey
  • a stand-alone-industrial-grade-weights-about-a-ton uber mixer with dough hooks
  • (only recently found out what they are called and what they are used for)

A list of what I am going to get (in the foreseeable future):
  • a blender (so I can make pina colada)
  • a panini grill

What's on my wish list (pipe dream):
  • a quesadilla maker
  • a margarita maker (comes in a set :D)


So, Em, what you got?

No comments: